Objective: This course provides an introduction to Gas Turbine Engine Start Systems and covers core concepts to give an engineer/technician a strong foundation to understand, operate and troubleshoot AC Electrical Gas Turbine Start Systems.
Course Description: This course is divided into three sections, starting with a refresher and brief overview of Gas Turbine Engine start sequences to ensure participants are aligned with the processes and flow of all Gas Turbine Start Systems and explores different types of start systems. The second section covers the fundamentals of how each core component of an AC Electrical Start System works and connects to complete the system. The final section then applies learned knowledge to start sequence scenarios while navigating through the virtual compressor station to control VFD values – inspecting various failure modes and troubleshooting through each scenario to get the system up and running smoothly.
Section 1: Introduction to Gas Turbine Start Systems and Sequences
- Principles of Gas Turbine Start Systems and Sequences
- Different types of Gas Turbine Start Systems
- Components of an AC Electrical Start System
- Reliability Centred Maintenance(RCM)
Section 2: AC Electrical Start System Component Breakdown
- In-depth examination of AC Electrical Start System Components
- Procedures of Electrical Start Systems
- Examine interconnectivity of Start System components
Section 3: Start System Simulation
- Simulation of the start of a Gas Turbine Engine
- Troubleshooting through Start System Failure scenarios
- Deep-dive into Start System Critical Thinking